Sunday, March 11, 2012

Making a Marker for Gracie

I have been trying to come up with a marker for Gracie's grave site. I have decided on a 12" x 12" stepping stone. I remembered I had a statue of a grey cat in the back yard, actually it looks quite like Gracie.I will use it in the design. I have sat for a long time just looking at the square of concrete, hoping to have some kind of epiphany for the design. But I keep looking to the left, and there is the towel that Gracie had just laid on. She was by my side for every thing I did in this yard, I mean every plant, every mosaic, every project, always having a comment to add. Just being here in the garage, I find it so quiet, it's like the "fun" has left the yard. I have the collar that she wore, there was a small purple heart with her name on it, I will try and use the purple heart design, put her name on the stone and make sure there is enough room for the grey cat statue to sit. A white tile background will look so pretty too. I'm posting a picture of what I have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment