Monday, July 2, 2012

Fourth of July! and Other Things

You know how I have a passion for decorating Mantels, so I couldn't leave mine plain for the Fourth! I have a box of  Red White and Blue decor, but couldn't find it, so I made do with things I found on a scavenger hunt around my house and garage! I used the flowers that I made out of coke cans, quick trip to the Dollar Tree,and I got two of their balloon weights that had stars on them , and two paper lanterns in the holiday pattern, (they were already out of almost everything Red White and Blue!) and used the silver and red star garland I had on one of the workbenches in the garage, put some of the flags that I normally use in the yard and Voila and Star Spangled Mantel! Enjoy this Fourth of July, almost too hot to fire up the barbie, but I know we will!  Also thinking of all those suffering from the loss of their homes in the wildfires, that are plaguing so many States, and to our Military, past and present, that have sacrificed so much for us to even have this Holiday! Hooray for our Freedom!

Just a Pinch recipe site posted "Lemon Ice Cream and No Ice Cream Maker Needed"! Well I just had to
try this oh so easy recipe.

1 pint 1/2 and 1/2
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice ( I could only get 2 1/4 juice out of my lemon so I used that)
2 teaspoons lemon zest ( I had to zest whole lemon to get this)
2/3 cup sugar
mix all together by hand until sugar dissolved, and pour into a glass pie plate or other glass container, and freeze for at least 3 hours.
This was a deelish and refreshing surprise! We Loved it! This could be the perfect cool ending to a hot day!


No comments:

Post a Comment