Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lord Forgive Me!!

I know, I know, we are in the throws of summer, but I already have two holiday presentations on the calendar! So I just have to start getting things ready, and searching for new ideas! I can tell by the other blogs that I follow, they are gearing up for the fall and winter holidays too! What is with the time?? School starts back in three weeks! My Grandson Evan will be a Senior!! My Grandaughter Kingsley will be a Sophomore! So I figure in about 6 weeks and it will be Christmas!!
I have just finished the redesign of the arrangement on my kitchen buffet, I have a wonderful collection of vintage beaded grapes that I love to include. I love the weight of them and the colors are exactly what matches my decor. I started with an old shopping basket that my Mom and I bought in Maidstone Kent England in 1959! We took that basket everyday to the meat market, vegetable market, flower market and the bakery. Talk about putting your memories in a basket.
I have started by putting three vine orbs inside to be used as the anchor for all the decorations, I don't want to poke any holes in the antique basket. Now the fun can begin! Adding my grapes and other beaded fruits, I love the way they add just the right amount of glitz. I have the cutest pitcher and cups that my Italian landlady, Mrs Ierna gave me in 1969, I just love the soft colors, sooo next to the arrangement they go!
I found this wonderful handmade tea pot at a craft fair, "Hand Built Pottery by Jacque". Just the colors that I love, just can't have too much of the terracotta look! It's all gnarly, don't cha love it? Well I will add to the other side of the arrangement!
It is filling out nicely, Oh can you see the mini jello mold ?, that was my Moms, I also have others that I tie with ribbons at Christmas to decorate my cabinets in the kitchen. I am also a hoarder of broken things, I just can't seem to throw them out, I always know I will  find a way to use it. My pots all have bird heads, or cat heads sticking out of the plants, the remnants of things long gone. I have also saved (now don't get upset) the eggs that my parakeet, Miss Birdy (passed) laid. They are like a wisp of air, and are hollow inside, I just couldn't bring myself to toss them! So now I am putting them in a little nest, and putting a butterfly on it that I found on the driveway.
Alright it's a broken rooster..Hey I have also added some little leather books that I used at school in England, French/English, Spanish/English and a Webster. I was 14 years old when I used them, see... hoarder.
Well I have tweaked it enough, and after adding a cute bird with a sweeping feather tail, and some seed pods. I am "Fini" Tres Bonne!





No comments:

Post a Comment