Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Great Artist is Born...Maybe

I am surrounded by so many Artists, and I have tried my hand at it a couple of times, but I have decided to "really" give it the ol try for real! I went to Goodwill and purchased a stretched canvas that had a fish painting on it for $4.99. I will paint over this with a Terra Cotta color. The canvas measures 36" x 14". I have selected the painting of "Musical Angels" by Baciccio in the early 1700's. Of course it won't be the same, but my own interpretation. I look forward to see just what I might turn out. I am going to post pictures of every step, so you can enjoy this journey with me. You know when I was 16, I drew three or four pictures of women's faces, with bouffant hair-do's from the early sixties. I have always wanted to paint them. Well I will see how well I do with my first real project, then I would love to tackle them. I am always drawn to pictures with faces in them, or ruins, or great old doors. My friends say I am an old soul. Well lets get this thang go'n ! So far I have painted the canvas, and today I put on the first coat of white, terra cotta, and gold mettalic, I have also mapped out where I
will put the three faces. Tomorrow I will put the second coat on, using browns, golds and whites. So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment