Friday, January 27, 2012

Enter the Dragon!

Being sooo bored I wanted to start a small project, a little mosaic, something that wouldn't take too long or would force me to buy anything new. Use just what was on hand, and I must admit I do have a lot of stuff on hand. Wayne had given me a black ceramic vase, that I was going to turn upside down and make a plant stand out of, so I am going to mosaic this, I started looking through my folders of tear outs, you have these folders too don't you..all the things you love or want to do. Well nada, no inspiration..until the mail came this afternoon, and my Traditional Home Magazine arrived, and there it was an omage to the Chinese New Year, The Year of the Dragon! I have never made a dragon, but I am going to give it a go. I have begun this mosaic by putting a blue border at the bottom of the vase, and made the dragon in blue, I will add a styalized version of a lotus blossom and the background will be white. I have a feeling this will look very folksy. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment